Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers for our development center in Barcelona.
They will be part of our diverse and international development team, working on online credit services and new mobile-oriented financial products.
We develop using a polyglot stack of languages and technologies (Rails, Erlang, Java, AngularJs, NodeJs), while coping with high-security and cloud-scale challenges. You will join a team of highly skilled and talented people working together in agile development methodologies. We are looking for smart people, that get things done and are natural team players.
You will be part of a small and self-guided team that is responsible for our main products. You will work with modern MVC frameworks such as Rails, NodeJs, ChicagoBoss (Erlang) or JAX-RS (Java).
However, you don't need to master all of that, we will focus on what you are good at and align it with your career path.
You will learn a lot :)
Desired skills and technologies
- Ruby on Rails (preferred) or similar MVC frameworks
- OO, data structures and algorithms
- SQL and NoSQL (specially MongoDB)
Will give you good bonus points:
- Event Sourcing
- Event-driven architecture
We are polyglots
At Digital Origin we believe in technology and innovation, rather than on any particular stack. We operate in a multi-language micro-services environment. We build tools in a variety of languages, from Rails to Java, Erlang or NodeJS. Each service has the tech stack that better fulfils it's requirements to solve a specific business problem.
We are looking for people with the intelligence and resources to solve hard problems and creativity to innovate.
Therefore, don't hesitate to contact us even if you don't fit perfectly with the stack announced in our job descriptions.
There will be many opportunities for you to learn the technologies we use and to propose and use your own choices.
- Great working environment
- Career development opportunity
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and supportive team.
- Opportunity to constantly learn new technologies and grow as a professional according your own interests.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Restaurant/ Transport/ Nursery tickets
- Extended annual holiday leave
- Flexible working hours
- Half day Fridays
- Equipment of your choice (HW, OS and IDE)
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Training Programs
- Fresh Fruit, Coffee & Tea